Saturday, November 10, 2012

DATO LEE CHONG WEI WEDDING AT KL CONVENTION CENTRE

KEE@FSWMAG.COM
AS I WAS A JUDGE AT MISS MALAYSIA KEBAYA CONTEST AT SWISS GARDEN HOTEL, I WAS UNABLE TO ATTEND DATO LEE CHONG WEI'S WEDDING. HE HAD BEEN DATING HIS BRIDE FOR 11 YEARS SO IT WAS HIGH TIME HE MADE AN HONEST WOMAN OF HER THOUGH I PRESUME HE ONLY HAD SEX WITH HER ON THEIR NUPTIAL NIGHT ON THEIR BRAND NEW BED. 

Anyway I managed to arrive at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre around 12.30 midnight, only to find EVERY GUEST had left! Not even a solitary friend who I could say hello to! Gosh, the wedding must have ended around 11pm to ensure all stragglers had left by the time I arrived to wish him and Datin a marvelous married life and may they produce a new generation of bedminton, I mean badminton (I am so bad) players.

I must say Dato Lee Chong Wei looked spiffy and ultra cool in his 4 suits, all custom made for him by Lord's Tailor at Bangsar Shopping Centre and AmpWalk. Since he is the best badminton player in Rest of the World except China where Lin Dan reigns, obviously Dato Lee Chong Wei had to get the  best tailor and that is a no-brainer as Lord's Tailor is the best there is. Even I go to them instead of my usual tailor in London's Savile Row which I have abandoned.

Since so many of you could not make it to the wedding, I took these photos for your edification...

L1360457.JPG
Giant banners were everywhere and reminded me of an election campaign! Here is one featuring Dato Lee Chong Wei kissing the fingers of Datin Wong Mei Choo
Why not on the lips since they were now legally married? Look at her killer nails! I would not want to put those near my lips as they could damage my pucker!
L1360457.JPG
Datin Wong Mei Choo wore a little crown and Dato Lee Chong Wei sported hair cropped so short he might as well enrol in the SEAL or Navy. Why is he covering his engagement ring then?
L1360457.JPGSo many guests took souvenir photos in front of this life-sized poster it was just as well I came at 12.30am or I would never be able to take the entire poster!
L1360457.JPGAt the rate Dato Lee Chong Wei is going, he might as well run as a candidate in the next General Election as he will win for sure
L1360457.JPG
The romantic, dreamy entrance to the hall. The last time such a momentous wedding was held it was for Dato Siti Nurhaliza and Datuk K
L1360457.JPG
1,500 guests feasted and feted the couple
L1360457.JPG
The King and Queen of Malaysia were guests of honour
L1360457.JPG
The Prime Minister and First Lady of Malaysia were guests of honour
L1360457.JPG
Cabinet Ministers led the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister attended
L1360457.JPG
Lovely roses, the symbol of love, abounded
L1360457.JPG
The wedding was broadcast live on Tonton!
L1360457.JPG
Everything was cleaned and remained intact as there was a SECOND wedding the next day on 10 November for sports acquaintances and business associates!
Even Datuk Siti Nurhaliza who is more famous and richer than Dato Lee Chong Wei, made do with only 1 wedding dinner!
I will have to host 7 nights of lavish dining for MY wedding of the millennium!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice wedding~ Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos in kuala lumpur convention center